20K W pot question

Started by Fndr8875, January 28, 2016, 02:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fndr8875

I have a 20k W pot i salvaged from a dead Boss SD-1, everything i see says tubescreamer tone is its primary use. Any suggestions as to other uses, and in what pedal or effect?

blackieNYC

Smallbear Electronics Fur Face.  A fuzz face with a great tone control.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

Fndr8875

awesome....im building a fuzz right now, im really new to this so ill have to figure out where to wire it in circuit. Ive been breadboarding for a little while, l struggle with understanding schematics and how/where/why certain things connect where. I came across a layout by dead astronaught, i breadboarded with just fine but only have some radioshack pcb, the one i think it is for ICs. I got it because it kinda is similar to a bread board its got vertical 3 hole pads and +/_ buses in between. I should just order actual PCB but most use right angle pots and im just trying to use what i have to help me understand better instead of a pcb where its all laid out and just stick components in and solder.

notnews32

a few of the BJFE effects use a W20K pot for their tone control as well, especially the OD/Dist circuits like the Model- series. great great pedals you can easily find stripboard layouts for.