Is this the BC108 Fuzz Face PCB layout?

Started by khm9, February 08, 2016, 11:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khm9

Hi,

I've found here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=83375.0 

what looks to be like a BC108 Fuzz Face PCB layout.

I've checked the size of the image in photoshop, and it says its width: 17,5cm, height: 10,83cm; which is not true.

Can anyone confirm that this is the BC108 PCB layout and give me the real size?

Thank you!

PCB:

bancika

image size may or may not be accurate as it depends on the image resolution as well as size in pixels.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

khm9

Quote from: bancika on February 08, 2016, 11:50:53 AM
image size may or may not be accurate as it depends on the image resolution as well as size in pixels.

Do you happen to know the original size?

PRR

> size of the image in photoshop

PaintShop Pro 7 says 496x307 pixels, and 6.889" by 4.264" (it thinks the image is 72dpi). Counting on thumbs, that looks like 17.27cm by 10.83cm. Very close to what you say.

PhotoShop has nearly infinite ways to re-scale an image; the defaults may not suit your intention.

The only "critical" dimensions seems to be the transistor C B E holes. And with most transistors you can bend the legs apart roughly as needed. Caps and resistors too.

Print it out and hold some parts up to it.

EDIT: if really 7 inches wide, it is too big to fit in a box. And the transistor legs spread over an inch, which is very generous. I suspect it could be printed 3" or 7.5cm wide, and everything fit.
  • SUPPORTER

karbomusic

Set the image resolution to 300 DPI in Photoshop and *uncheck* the resample image checkbox and it'll be the right size when printed. DPI is typically a meaningless term to everything except a printer (this is how we tell the printer how to scale the pixels) so all we really need is enough pixels to print a sharp image. For a magazine quality print (being viewed from a foot or so away) we want about 300 Dots Per Inch, for a billboard we want about 25... (look up "Circle Of Confusion" relating to print/photography) I'd like at least 300 for a good sharp PCB (I like 600/1200 even better since printers tend to resample to either of these internally without our knowledge). Your image is 496 pixels on the long end so...

496/300 = 1.65 inches which will make those pads about exactly the right size for their matching components while at the same time being plenty sharp enough for traces of that size. Meaning that is so close the author must have been aware of this when creating it and some how got changed to 72 during the upload/download process or was absent and assumed by the software opening it since 72 is the default computer screen resolution. ;)