Tayda Englisman

Started by no6h, March 04, 2016, 11:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

nice work lukie - is that your first debug done?

looks more like an LPB-1, with extras, it has too many resistors to be an electra, including that tricky base to ground one.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Tony Forestiere

Quote from: duck_arse on June 28, 2016, 10:56:32 AM

looks more like an LPB-1, with extras...

Agreed. LPB is my go-to clean preamp/gain makeup stage. Added hard clippers is something I have not tried.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

Ben Lyman

LPB-1 is my main go-to as well. I made one with the diodes on a blend pot as described by Jack Orman and it's been one of my favorite, most used pedals ever since. I also added a toggle for two different input caps:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=113228.msg1047755#msg1047755
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Lukie

Quote from: duck_arse on June 28, 2016, 10:56:32 AM

2nd, built a vero crunchbox with very low gain, it actually worked awesome as a boost into the dirty channel. After about a week of pulling my hair out and reading up on OP amps finally found the error by poking around the right part of the circuit, had a resistor linked to the wrong track. Much higher gain now, but still not finished, cant decide which clipping diode combination sounds best ;D. You actually learn a lot more when things go wrong! I'm still quite new to pedal building, working on 6th build, but it seems everything is a clone of an older pedal.