BOSS NS-2 Pedal problem

Started by insight031, March 12, 2016, 01:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insight031

Hi everyone

I am having some issues with my boss ns-2 pedal and I was hoping that someone in the forum could maybe help me or direct me to a solution for my problem.

The pedal stopped working suddenly for no apparent reason. I tried to change de battery, change the power supply, nothing. The pedal just wont turn on when I press it. What is wierd tho, is that when i plug my guitar in and another jack to the amp, the sound goes throught no problem, its just that the effect of noize cancelling in not doing its job and that the pedals LED doesnt ligt up. So i then decided to open it to see whats inside.

I tested the LED, they work. I found 2 capacitor that looked somewhat burned, so I decided to changed them, nothing. Then I decided to redo some of the welding, nothing either.

I am really stuck right now and my option are to just go buy a new one at this point, but I decided to give it a shot and ask some of you guys if someone could direct me to the problem. NS-2 is a pretty commun pedal, and im sure im not the only one who experience this kind of problem.

I took some picture here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lnojqfba8zor5g3/AAAUY7SQQTitOVkKU6CsvWIEa?dl=0

I am new here and I'm really happy to be a part of this community.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!