Cheap pedal storage solution

Started by Mark Hammer, March 13, 2016, 07:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Cleaning up today, I ran across an old wire-frame CD storage rack.  Looking at it, I realized that it could be used as an adjustable-shelf pedal-storage/display unit.  I cut some "shelves" out of styrofoam poster-board, and screwed it into the wall.  Keeping my eyes peeled for more of these units.  Given how many folks are converting everything to MP3s, I imagine once the weather warms up and folks start having garage sales, I may be able to find more.

Cozybuilder

I love these kinds of solutions   ;D
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

deadastronaut

you could use your collection of britney spears cds as shelves too..... ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

David

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 14, 2016, 06:01:41 AM
you could use your collection of britney spears cds as shelves too..... ;D

A better use would be as kindling...

Mark Hammer

Nah.  Just hand them out on Halloween to the kids who aren't demonstrably grateful enough for the little chocolate bars.

thermionix

Does this only work for cheap pedals?  Are the good ones too heavy or something?

Mark Hammer

Quote from: thermionix on March 14, 2016, 07:14:31 PM
Does this only work for cheap pedals?  Are the good ones too heavy or something?
Nuthin' cheap on the rack. Everything is "regulation weight" cast aluminum chassis.  Others may differ, but this particular rack does not accommodate anything larger than 125C chassis. A 1590BB will not slide in there. BUt just to make you happy, I swapped two of the pedals for "pricier" items: a Tone Core Liqui-Flange and my new pride and joy, a Chase Bliss Spectre flanger .

thermionix

It was a joke about your thread title.

Mark Hammer

Face-palm.  Hey, it was the Monday after the switch to daylight savings.  It was gonna take me at least an extra hour to catch on.  :icon_lol:

Should have titled the thread "Cheap pedal-storage solution", I guess.  Dang, where'd I put that Strunk & White?

duck_arse

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 14, 2016, 07:59:05 PM
Others may differ, but this particular rack does not accommodate anything larger than 125C chassis.

for shame, Mark! shirley, you would turn a too-wide pedal on its side and rearrange the shelf heights?

we haven't finished daylight savings yet. and when are they going to do that leap year thing, anyone know?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Mark Hammer

Reasonable suggestion, but it hogs space.  Besides, I have more than enough 125C and 1590B-sized pedals to fill up quite a few slots.

Now, what I really need is a shelf at eye level where I can park my unfinished Hyperflange.

Cozybuilder

Come on Mark, the real problem is you don't have enough (or want to risk scratching) Bratney Spears CDs  :icon_mrgreen:
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Elijah-Baley

Cool idea, thanks for sharing. ;)

I have to say that my cardboard box is plenty of pedals right now. And I was planning to complete a Rebote Delay, tested just today, and it worked! (In your face PT2399!) 8)
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Cozybuilder on March 15, 2016, 01:37:48 PM
Come on Mark, the real problem is you don't have enough (or want to risk scratching) Bratney Spears CDs  :icon_mrgreen:
Well, you're certainly right about that.  Of course that didn't manage to solve my dilemma about where to put all my Rugrats and Mini-Pops CDs.  They're beginning to pile up, and I'm starting to run out of bench space.

PRR

> Dang, where'd I put that Strunk & White?

https://faculty.washington.edu/heagerty/Courses/b572/public/StrunkWhite.pdf

If you still owned a dead-tree copy, you could keep it in that rack for E-Z reference.
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

I have a copy of the edition illustrated by Maira Kalman.  It's a keeper.  http://fristcenter.org/calendar/detail/maira-kalman

But my older son has it on his bookshelf now, so thanks for the link.  Incidentally, there was a project that looked at something like a million course reading-lists, and ranked Elements of Style as the #1 recommended read, with Plato's Republic coming in at #2.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/opinion/sunday/what-a-million-syllabuses-can-teach-us.html

tubegeek

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 16, 2016, 12:18:38 PMIncidentally, there was a project that looked at something like a million course reading-lists, and ranked Elements of Style as the #1 recommended read

That's teacher self-defense.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

Mark Hammer

Only if they read it, Jeremy.  Only if they read it.   :icon_wink: