Looking for a small footprint NO soft touch momentary footswitch. Any ideas?

Started by Groovenut, March 18, 2016, 07:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groovenut

Hey all! Tayda, Small Bear, Mammoth et al carry the usual suspects in momentary switches. My biggest issue with these is they are not soft touch ie they still click when actuated, albeit a bit quieter than normal.

The issue with the current lot of Carling knock off soft touch push button switches is they are not small enough footprint for a 1590A. Maybe I'm asking too much here, but does anyone know of a soft touch NO momentary push button foot switch with a foot print of say this:

Alpha 107-SF12011-L DPDT

Thanks!

Lawrence
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Groovenut

Groovenut

Quote from: Beo on March 18, 2016, 08:36:58 PM
Try this:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=111262.msg1022567#msg1022567
Thanks for the link Travis!

Larry's DIY in that thread is superb!

That said, I'm hoping to find a off the shelf solution.

Groovenut

I've done quite a bit of searching and it appears to be a hole in the market. I'll tear one of the Alpha momentary switches apart and see what part of the actuator makes it click when it makes contact. Maybe I can modify it without too much trouble. I do have a good number of Steve's B.O.B. actuators. Maybe I can design a cradle to hold the tactile switch that's held on by the actuator hardware.

Happy Saturday!!!!