2 reverbs in one enclosure

Started by Sensitive Jonah, March 24, 2016, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sensitive Jonah

Hey guys, I am a total beginner in the world of diy pedal stuff, and I am new to the forums. I have a project in mind and I was wondering if I could get some pointers and references to places where I can learn how to go about my project.
What I want to do is house 2 separate reverb pedals into one enclosure. I want to be able to select between two modes:
one of them having the 2 reverbs be independently switchable - like having 2 separate pedals. The other mode I would like to have only one bypass switch and the other switch would just stack the 2 reverbs - giving me the ability to turn them both off at the same time (like a cloud 9). I would also like to be able to switch the order of them, but if that is too complicated, then I won't do it.
Thanks!
P.S. If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry!!

Kevin Mitchell

What does stacking 2 reverbs even do?

Sorry I'm of no use though I'm curious.
Welcome to the forum!
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

armdnrdy

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on March 24, 2016, 04:57:49 PM

Sorry I'm of no use though I'm curious.
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what changing the switching order of the reverb units would do....you will still be cascading one reverb into the other.

Some years back, I was watching Uli Jon Roth play at a small club.
I noticed that he had three Carbon Copy delay units. My initial thought was ....why....back ups?
Then it came to me...different delay settings. Long for some passages, short for some songs, and so on.
This is sort of how The Edge has a different delay sound for each song.

So...a few different reverb settings for different songs....without switchable digital settings.
I can see that being useful.

This can also be accomplished by switching between different controls on one unit.

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Sensitive Jonah

Quote from: armdnrdy on March 24, 2016, 05:08:11 PM
Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on March 24, 2016, 04:57:49 PM
Sometimes I want a semi reasonable amount of reverb. Other times I want more.  8)

LightSoundGeometry

not sure but if you watch pedal board demos on the tubes it brings up the church band players who all have like 8-9 delays and 5-6 reverbs with 4 volume pedals

I always thinking just play the darn organ god da***& haha  8)

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: Sensitive Jonah on March 24, 2016, 05:40:12 PM
Sometimes I want a semi reasonable amount of reverb. Other times I want more.  8)
Would that be the same as implementing an additional intensity knob and footswitch on a single reverb circuit?
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

PRR

> reasonable amount of reverb. Other times I want more.

(As Kevin suggests) Isn't that a knob? If you need instant surf, two knobs (maybe pre-set) and a switch to select more and MORE.

Reverb order: Two non-identical reverbs must give different reverb pattern A-B or B-A, but in typical playing situations I don't think anybody will hear the difference.
  • SUPPORTER

J0K3RX

I can dig the hell outa stereo verbs! But, one into another doesn't sound like a good option to me... :icon_confused:
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Sensitive Jonah

I know what it's gonna sound like, and I dig it.  :) I just want to combine the two circuits into one enclosure to take up less space on the board and only use one power supply cable. I want something along the lines of the Sky Pedals Cloud 9 http://www.pedal-of-the-day.com/2014/09/17/sky-pedals-cloud-9-reverb/ , but I want to be able to both use the second reverb as a "shift" (like on the cloud 9) and then via toggle switch, change it so that I can select both reverbs independently.

armdnrdy

Quote from: Sensitive Jonah on March 24, 2016, 09:52:29 PM
I know what it's gonna sound like, and I dig it.  :) I just want to combine the two circuits into one enclosure to take up less space on the board and only use one power supply cable. I want something along the lines of the Sky Pedals Cloud 9 http://www.pedal-of-the-day.com/2014/09/17/sky-pedals-cloud-9-reverb/ , but I want to be able to both use the second reverb as a "shift" (like on the cloud 9) and then via toggle switch, change it so that I can select both reverbs independently.

The Cloud 9 is one reverb circuit with an additional control which can be set for a more "wet" setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rKX_7-SSwI
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Sensitive Jonah

Quote from: armdnrdy on March 24, 2016, 10:43:33 PM
Quote from: Sensitive Jonah on March 24, 2016, 09:52:29 PM

The Cloud 9 is one reverb circuit with an additional control which can be set for a more "wet" setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rKX_7-SSwI
I know, I just want to have a similar switching option.

armdnrdy

If that's what you want...

Google: "wiring two effects in one box"

Choose which reverb circuits you want to build.

You can use the search function above.

thermionix

Y'all use solid state reverbs? ???  Well...okay, then...I guess...