The parts have arrived

Started by petemoore, October 13, 2003, 03:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Inside the old Zenith...hep I went dumpster diving today
 Disassembly, removal of the ckt boards and reassembly too like 12 minutes.
 Got a a nice on/off vol pots [and five other pots] as well as a slew of caps, and a few decent stretches of usable wire-I approximate a 20-25$ value !
 I try to use the old caps in socketted positions.
 I havent found a use for tunable coils, R's are not werth messin with [maybe in an 'emergency], there's the interesting coil in a magnet [I think it's called a speaker...]...a speaker coil somehow integrated into the' circuit...I have a seemingly endless supply of little speakers...wacky untested application theories emerge...
 Is there a device that responds to pressure and produces current, or varies resistance?
 CRAzy] OT but...drive a a signal [guitar] into a speaker, attach the 'device' that varies resistance [with pressure amount] to the cone...there's your variable resistor that responds to input dynamics...lol...[might work good.
  What would happen if you cause current to flow through a speakers coil, and physacilly push the coil in or oscillate it in and out of the magnet ?
 Obviously when the speaker is agitated [the coil moves in the magnet] it produces current/voltage ... perhaps this could be used as a way to vary voltage somehow...
 Im hoping someone with more background of these electrical properties of a magnet/coil might find a usable truth in my wacky post.
 Like drive a signal into one coil, attach that to the other coil... producing varying current to be applied 'somehow'...not knowing the parameters of the electrical producing properties...or how to apply this...I figured I'd share the concept in the hopes someone could help encourage me to apply it somehow or discourage me from wasting my time !!!
 Don't fear the unknown...'never been tried' stuff is where interesting discoveries are most often found.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Peter Snowberg

Look at circuit archives for intercom circuits that use speakers for both ends. Just adapt the amp shown and make any coupling capacitors much larger. You should be able to couple that to a VCO to modulate the rate. The trouble is that the speaker produces only AC and no DC so it's better for modulating another signal than making its own (unless you want a microphone).

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation