Quick pinout OTA question

Started by yanusch, April 11, 2016, 08:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yanusch

Hi you all,

I've never connected an OTA before and i am a bit confused by which is already build in from the diagram.

This is the part of the schematic

I am using the LM13700

I know it's a dual so i only have to use one half.

D4 and D5 are these the build in diodes from the OTA?
D3 which pin does it go to (the pointing in arrow)?

On an other forum a guy said to me:
"D3 connects to the control pin, I(ABC)." What does this mean?

What do i have to think about with connecting this ota from this diagram except of course the V+ / V-?

antonis

As far as I understand it, D4 & D5 go to 13 - 14 (or 4 - 3) and D3 goes to 15 (or 2)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

duck_arse

I think what antonis might mean is that D3 goes to either 1 or 16, which would be the IABC pins. also, I think you'll need to connect pin 12 to pin 10, and then pin 9 is the output. this may depend on the not shown circuit parts, tho.
don't make me draw another line.

antonis

Some ducks have a much better vision than me.... :icon_redface:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Kevin Mitchell

Yeah OTAs can be confusing. Just about every OTA circuit I've seen draws them out differently. I myself draw them similar to your schematic sample (not datasheet) and then if the buffers are used I draw them as shown on the datasheet (paired transistors).

Some draw the buffer as an opamp or a small "in/out" triangle

Labeling the pinouts on the schematic is always a must when dealing with OTAs. I'm sure you'll catch on easy.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

yanusch

Thanks for the replies i also though pin 1/16 tomorrow i'm gonna finish it on my breadboard. Let you guys know if it works

It supposed to be some super adaptive schmitt trigger, used in some medical application. I want to get a clean/stable square wave to generate good tracking. It's a little bit above my head but at least it is good for my breadboard skills ;).

If it provides good tracking i'll share it with you of course!

And PS. ota's are indeed confusing also googling examples was kinda difficult, they were all different :icon_eek:

duck_arse

search up the following:

intersil AN6077
intersil AN6668
texas instruments SBOA117 – May 2009
don't make me draw another line.

PRR

> texas instruments SBOA117 – May 2009

This "OTA" is VERY different from the "OTA"s we use. Not the least help.
  • SUPPORTER