EH power switch wiring question

Started by newperson, April 11, 2016, 11:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newperson

Does anyone have an image they could share of an old electro Harmonix on/off switch?  I have a echo flange that does not seem to be wired correctly and I would like to check. It has an AC plug to the switch then to the transformer. It looks like it is wired where the neutral and hot lines are not ever together.

yanusch

Edit: Sorry i thought you were talking about the footswitch wiring, my powerplug is replaced with a modern one (also it got no internal transformer oc).
Anyway mayby the pictures are usefull

I have an old EHX Small Stone:

It has 3 leads coming of the footswitch 2 on the upperside 1 on the bottom:

As seen from the top:
The LEFT lug of the footswitch (brown wire on photo) goes to MONO jack
The RIGHT lug of the footswitch (grey wire) goes to the STEREO jack

There is on lug on the bottom (also grey wire) this one goes to the PCB

newperson

Thank you very much for the reply, but I am taking about the power on/off slider switch. 

yanusch

Yeah sorry when i posted it and re-read your post i realized that it wasn't about the footswitch.

Scruffie

Usually there'll be a SPDT power switch and on the lug on one side the neutral will come in from the power cord and connect directly to the transformer neutral on the same lug so it's always connected. On 2 remaining pins will be the power cord hot lead and the transformer hot lead so that they are only connected in one switch position.

Does that clear it up at all?

newperson

Yes, thank you. I will see if this matches tonight.

newperson

This is what I see, one neutral 120 power wire to one side, middle one transformer wire, right side is one transformer wire and one hot 120 wire

http://imgur.com/a/IdQVW

http://imgur.com/a/IdQVW

Scruffie

newperson

Thanks for the reply. I know when this was made it did not have polarized plugs, but since it does now, it really should be breaking the hot, correct?  Or am I being picky?  Right now it has a constant hot line connected.