Biyang mad driver mods?

Started by dazco, April 13, 2016, 01:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazco

Does anyone know of any mods for this pedal? Wasn't sure if this is the place to ask but if not let me know where. Anyways, the pedal is decent but i mainly use it as a clean boost and bougth it partly for the true bypass. But it's a bit underwhelming compared to a good tube screamer used as a clean boost. I'm not sure exactly what i think it needs but if there are any mods for it i'd like to read about them. Thanks.

JustinFun

I've not seen a schematic (though if you have one please share it) but i understood it to be a tubescreamer clone.

There are a billion articles on modding the TS out there on the web, so have a read and see what appeals.

You're not very clear on what you don't like about the pedal, so it's not easy to suggest what you could mod. If you're after a 'clean boost', however, there are a lot of other pedals available which will colour your signal a lot less. Personally I'm a huge fan of the slightly unfashionable Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster (schematics can be found online if you want to roll your own).

dazco

Thing is, i like the color TS's add so i prefer them as clean boosts. I just feel this one doesn't sound as full and alive as a TS, but it's true bypass which is why i use it.

JustinFun

Have you opened it up?

Compare the values in the circuit with the traditional schematic. Start with input and output caps and the values around the tone circuit. If they differ, change them to stock. If the pedal is all SMD rather than through-hole components this will be more difficult.

dazco

Yeah, but these modern builds without and w/o a schematic are too much trouble. I just wanted to see if there are any mods posted anywhere. If not then it's probably for the same reason i don't wanna screw with it blind.