Using EB Volume pedal Jr with iPad as source?

Started by OasisMcFly, April 13, 2016, 09:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OasisMcFly

I've been trying to use my spare EB VP Jr to control the volume of backing tracks. My basic setup is iPad --> Volume Pedal --> DI --> PA, but it has some limitations. With my guitar, the pedal works great, but when the source is my iPad, it seems like 90% of the overall volume is controlled by the last 5% of the pedal travel distance. So from heel down to almost toe down, I get very little volume control.

I've built a few diy pedals now, but I'm still relatively new to it, so I'm not entirely sure what I could do to fix this. My initial guess is that maybe changing the value of the pot would be all that is needed, but I have no clue if that is right and no idea of what value would be best to change it to. It could also be an impedence issue. Would a buffer make a difference?

Any suggestions?

GGBB

For that application you would want the VP Jr 25k version which is intended for active inputs and has a more linear taper. But newer VP Jr 250k units have a micro taper switch which might help - if yours has one try it.
  • SUPPORTER

OasisMcFly