MXR MicroAmp - Treble Mod Poping

Started by LaloFP, April 13, 2016, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

there is another way to wire the resistors that may work. put the 10M and the "18k - 100k" in series, from the C1//R3 point to +4V5. then wire the switch across the 10M, so when the switch is closed, the 10M is short, and gone from circuit, when the switch is open, the 10M is in circuit and will dominate.

have you had C3 connected to +4V5 at any time?
don't make me draw another line.

LaloFP

Quote from: duck_arse on May 04, 2016, 10:43:34 AM
there is another way to wire the resistors that may work. put the 10M and the "18k - 100k" in series, from the C1//R3 point to +4V5. then wire the switch across the 10M, so when the switch is closed, the 10M is short, and gone from circuit, when the switch is open, the 10M is in circuit and will dominate.

The same happens

Quote from: Mattnezz on May 03, 2016, 05:27:20 PM
Maybe go for a really small C1 and a 2M2 for R2, to make te difference in impedance less of a factor.
Quote from: dschwartz on May 04, 2016, 08:13:52 AM
Lower the 10meg to 1meg and just switch the input cap

With that I get a big Hum noise...

Quote from: Mattnezz on May 03, 2016, 05:27:20 PM
I also notice the input impedance of the circuit drops dramatically this way, a 18k resistor is a heavy load to drive for most (passive) guitars, and may cause a drop in overall level and high frequencies.
Thats true, I not only lose bass, I lose a bit of highs and overall level too. I dont dislike that sound, it focuses more on the mids.

So, it seems that there is no way to just cut bass without making a Pop and messing with the impedance and keep it simple, right?

When I cut the bass after the opamp I dont like the sound I get... is thin..

Maybe what I need is to find a proper EQ after the opamp. But I red somewhere that limmiting the band input of the opamp could give more rich sound because you give more "room" to the frecuencies you want and you get more rich boosted those frecuencies, like making more harmonic content of those...

What do you think about that?
I really dont remember where I red that or if I understood it right
The only thing I want is the last thing I need

and that's creating music

dschwartz

If you get hum with my recommendation is because you wired something wrong....for noise sake, 10M is way worse than 1M.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

LaloFP

Quote from: dschwartz on May 07, 2016, 05:54:30 PM
If you get hum with my recommendation is because you wired something wrong....for noise sake, 10M is way worse than 1M.
I just tested it again right now, and I got the Hum..
Without switches or anything, just replacing the 0.01 cap with a 3.3n one

With the gain in 1 is not a big deal, but when I raise it, the hum gets very loud

its a pity, because the sound is really nice (excepting the hum..)
The only thing I want is the last thing I need

and that's creating music