Chasm reverb problem

Started by abakuzam, April 18, 2016, 06:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abakuzam

Hello again folks, i'm having some problems again :( My friend wanted chasm reverb to use it on a record, everything is good till this point. He send me a soundclip :  http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07927315184193377675  and he told me when he open up the reverb knob that sound appears. Also he told me he watied fo 2 hours and plugged the pedal in , played a little then that sound again :( İm suspacting about regulator (78L05) , hope he didn't destroyed the brick. Any ideas? Btw, when i made the pedal i checked every value, every voltage, every polarity before running it for the first time, we can be sure there is no solder joints etc. pots wired correctly. Also there is no straching noise, like brick clipping. Maybe he used the pedal with ossilation swtich on all the time? Mayve pt2399's locked up?

Also i got the pedal, all voltages are okay, but when i touch the enclosure, it doesn't give me reverb signal, just clean signal, i think it's grounding issue but i coulnd't solve yet. Any ideas? Maybe some shorts in the circuit, but it's not high probability, i checked every joint befor i boxed the pedal, im using this layout : http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=101126.msg917324#msg917324 thanks.

Govmnt_Lacky

I would start buy following the Debugging thread recommendations. List voltages of all IC pins, regulators, transistors, etc. Verify resistor values and cap values/orientation. Provide some good photos of BOTH sides of the PCB and the offboard wiring.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

abakuzam

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 18, 2016, 04:36:06 PM
I would start buy following the Debugging thread recommendations. List voltages of all IC pins, regulators, transistors, etc. Verify resistor values and cap values/orientation. Provide some good photos of BOTH sides of the PCB and the offboard wiring.

Thanks for the tips, i just wanted to know is there anything i can do before unboxing all the pedal ( hell of a wiring in there). İ guess its the only option :D