Red snapper 3 knob version 100pf cap question

Started by Belanger, April 20, 2016, 10:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belanger

Hey so I was just wondering with this layout here if I could add a couple rows to it and then just run 2 51pf silver mica caps in parallel to make up for the fact I done have a 100pf cap.  Also I want to make sure that me moving all the cuts and other components over to fit this cap into the layout will work for me. I'm sure you guys can make sense out of what I mean.    It would add another couple of tracks to the left of the cuts sorry if it's a little hard to understand what I mean I'm trying my best to explain
The best substitute for intelligence is silence

amptramp

Definitely you could use a couple of 51 pF caps in parallel.  If you don't want to change the layout, solder the 51 pF caps together leaving one set of leads to solder into the Veroboard.

antonis

Move the  upper 100nF cap 4 columns right, make 3 extra cuts (10-b, 13-a & 13-b), place your caps on the 2 top rows (11-b & 12-b) and connect them with the original place via insulated cables (jumpers)

edit: Ron is faster and more practical guy than me... :icon_lol:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..