MXR Distortion+ LED, DC power and true bypass mod

Started by vintageted, April 24, 2016, 05:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vintageted

Hello!

I have a beat up early MXR Distortion + that I need to add an LED, DC power and wire a 3PDT switch for true bypass. Im not concerned with drilling out the holes for the LED and DC power jack, it's very beat and Im more interested in it working for me over its resale value. Ive done a search for these mods, but I couldnt find them for this exact pedal.

Could anyone please help with instructions for such a mod? I cant really read schematics so pics or drawings would be ideal

thanks a ton!

Ted

vintageted

Really, no help at all?! Is there a better place I should look?

robthequiet

I would try to jump in here but I'm more accustomed to working with schematics and stuff. But there are some diagrams to help you wire . Since you already have the original switch wired you already know where the input and output from the board connect to the input and output from the case. I have seen folks start at this link to get some info on how it works, http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/bypass/bypass.htm. If you just want a diagram, a web search for "true bypass with led" will probably get something. The Millenium Bypass is one suggestion, also found at the geofex site, or search this forum for "millenium bypass".

bluebunny

Quote from: vintageted on April 25, 2016, 12:38:04 PM
Really, no help at all?! Is there a better place I should look?

Rather, a better place to post.  This sub-forum is for the DIYSB beginner project, not your beginner project.  :)  Head over to the main Build your own stompbox forum where there's a lot more passing traffic.  And welcome, Ted.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

vintageted

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. I went ahead and posted to the other forum. but thanks for your help

ted