BYOC Octave Divider Help

Started by Gregmon79, May 01, 2016, 02:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregmon79

Hey all. I recently got a BYOC octave divider. I populated and assembled it yesterday. It works. In a way. There are def issues here though. So I'll tell you what works and why seems to not work.

1. It gets power. The leds light.

2. Signal does pass through it just fine. Works when bypassed and when not. The bass bypass (right fs) works fine.

3. The tone pot works.

4. The ringer switch seems to work fine.

These are where it's good. Now, it seems as though the actual octave isn't working. If I bypass the ringer and switch the right switch to the left, bypass the bass side, and only try to use the octave, it's extremely faint if not non existent. I put double sided tape (left the plastic on the one side that touches the board) so that pot wouldn't short out. I originally thought that's what the issue was. But no. The stabilize doesn't seem to do anything either. I just kinda assumed it will do more if the actual octave worked.

Anyway, that's all I think I can say to try and best explain what is happening. Here are some pics of the board. Hopefully someone can help me. It's greatly appreciated if so. I'm not familiar with using a multi meter with this stuff although I do have one. Just don't know how to accurately use it to know what means what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thermionix

Dang that's a lot of ICs!  Does that thing do your taxes too?

I'm seeing a solder blob just above the LED in the lower left of your first pic.  Don't know if that's causing an unwanted connection or not.  Somewhere to start.

Gregmon79

Great, thanks @thermionix. I'll fix er up and try her. I think it may be some solder jobs. Im gonna redo some and see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk