Recommend a non latching dpdt relay

Started by Beo, May 08, 2016, 02:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beo

I've been using latching relays for various projects, but I have a project I want to do using non-latching.
Anyone have any recommendations on specific non-latching relay parts that are available / in production?
Thanks,
Travis

Kevin Mitchell

Check out the CD4053 bypass

Some info

With the CD4053 and CD4049 you can use a soft touch momentary foot switch which are not latching.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Beo

Thanks, but I'm programming microcontrollers for relay control. Just wondering if there is a recommended Panasonic, Omron, NAIS, or other relay out there that is widely available...  hopefully at a decent price. I've been using the Panasonic TQ2-L-5V and Omron G6HU-2 latching relays to date. These require two uC pins to control, and for my new project I want to control more relays with a single uC, so only want to use one pin per relay.

samhay

There are plenty of fairly cheap 12V miniature non-latching relays and while it's certainly not best-practice, I have had good luck using these on a 9V supply. When you can find the datasheets, they typically show a 'must operate voltage' of 75% of max supply, which means this is just within spec.

I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com