Rehousing Boss DD7

Started by hisnamesjames, May 10, 2016, 07:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisnamesjames

I'm currently working on a rehousing for my DD7, which I thought would be fairly straight forward.

The basic premise was to put the circuitry and a tap tempo FS into one 1590BB enclosure, so that I could minimise the amount of space on the board.

I've successfully done the change of PSU socket, drilling out for the sockets etc, and the next step was to swap over the bypass switch and the tap.

The footswitch is giving me some weird issues - I've gone for a momentary 2pdt because it seemed to be the most logical, but when I go to bypass, it takes two clicks to engage and disengage. The other issue is that it seems to switch over to the stock tap tempo mode (hold 2 seconds). Any ideas where I might have gone wrong? It's two wires, and shouldn't be as tricky as I seem to have made it!

For the tap, I did make an assumption that simply wiring the two ends of the tap socket onto the switch would be enough (momentary 2pdt) and it would seem that it wasn't as straight forward as I had hoped. I've tried variations of wiring the cables in alternative positions, but from everything I have googled up on, the ground connection hits centre, and the other cable on one side.

I'm sorry but I don't have a photo of my efforts on me at this moment - if they're needed I can have them up later on.

If anyone has any suggestions or diagrams of how I can win, that'd be great!

Thanks
James

bloxstompboxes

If it is taking two clicks of the switch to engage bypass or effect, then it sounds like it is not a momentary switch but a latching one. Use a meter and check your switch lugs and then push the switch and check again.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

hisnamesjames

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on May 10, 2016, 11:40:51 AM
If it is taking two clicks of the switch to engage bypass or effect, then it sounds like it is not a momentary switch but a latching one. Use a meter and check your switch lugs and then push the switch and check again.

Thanks, this was exactly right for the bypass. I'm still struggling on the tap, but am getting closer I think.

It seems that the dd7 expects a three point connection from the tap socket, and that's where I was going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk