Adding a 6 position rotary switch to a blue collar layout and I could use help

Started by Belanger, May 12, 2016, 03:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belanger

So I think the title sums up what it is I wanna do.  This will be my 5th build, I just finished a BB preamp last night and I really wanna try something that's more of a challenge and settled on this. Can you suggest possible capacitor values as it will be used for a 6 way bass contour. Similar to how the new dead horse has a rotary bass switch except I don't care to have it footswitch activated.  This is the first time I'll be modding or changing anything from a layout/schematic.  So I think what I wanna do is leave out the input capacitor and solder two wires in there and connect them to the two Center lugs of the rotary knob and then just 6 different capacitor values soldered to two of the other out lugs each kinda like you would a DPDT switch for a bass mod.   Or am I way way off lol
The best substitute for intelligence is silence

duck_arse

that switch in your hand is a four pole, 3 position switch, even if it clicks more than three positions. it should have the select/lock lugged washer (under the mounting nut, and star washer) inserted into the hole marked "3", but only after clunking the switch all the way clockwise, to the "1" position.

[edit :] oops, yes, now I see.
don't make me draw another line.

Ice-9

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Belanger

Quote from: duck_arse on May 13, 2016, 11:41:51 AM
that switch in your hand is a four pole, 3 position switch, even if it clicks more than three positions. it should have the select/lock lugged washer (under the mounting nut, and star washer) inserted into the hole marked "3", but only after clunking the switch all the way clockwise, to the "1" position.

No it's not.  There's actually only 2 poles in the Center if you look closely

Belanger

I purchased it from eBay

Belanger

It clicks 6 positions and it said it was a 2 pole 6 position switch when I bought it    It also has that lock piece under those 2 washers there.  So it is the right piece. How would I go about doing it though

Ice-9

Ha, well a different angled picture tells a different story from the first picture.

You will need to use a meter to check the connections but I would expect that if you want a single pole 6 position switch you could use A (common) 1-6 for switching or C (common) 7-12.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Belanger