Magnavibe clone schematic question

Started by 8ball55, May 12, 2016, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8ball55

Hello everyone once again,

I found this magnavibe schematic online that I started to build on, but I came across a problem with the schematic I am using. The 1uf capacitors on the schematic aren't labeled which is positive or negative. I found another schematic by the same author which the 1uf capacitors are labeled with it's polarity, but I can't seem to apply it to the schematic I am using. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

Schematic I am using without the 1uf polarity

Schematic with the polarity markings.

Kipper4

Hi 8ball and welcome aboard.
The top picture is a layout
The second picture is a schematic
For information.
If you look closely at the layout the 1uf caps are polarised
Left to right
Capacitor cathodes (negative side if you will) are slightly darker colour
So left to right cathodes are
Left cap cathode at bottom
Middle cap cathode at top
Right cap cathode at top.

I hope this helps
If you do a forum search there's been quite a few recent magnavibe threads too.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

duck_arse

ahh, but there are traps for young players, as well. on the diagram shown, C7 is always backwards, as it has its positive end pulled to ground. and C6 is in a delicate position, as it has both ends pulled to ground.

if, on the otherhand, R9 is taken to +9V (a low-impedance point, as ground is a low-impedance point) instead, then both C7 and C6 will point their positive ends to the R9.

or replace the electros with poly caps, and forget it even happened.
don't make me draw another line.

8ball55

Alright, thanks everyone. I think I will be using the layout instead of the schematic to save sometime. I'll let you know if it will work out.  :icon_lol:

nocentelli

If I was building that layout, I would flip the left-hand 1u electro 180 degrees (as noted above, either the schematic or original design goes against the usual convention for polarised caps), and I would use a non polarised box cap for the middle 1u.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again