BluesBreaker/MorningGlory Clone trouble....

Started by heathfball20, May 14, 2016, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathfball20

This is my first build that i did about 2 years ago maybe? Aion electronics  Cerulean PCB. I love the pedal all together but its way too bright! So bright that the tone knob all the way down still overwhelms me with brightness and im using humbuckers. Also the bright cut switch is almost useless becasue of its so bright. Could someone please tell me which capacitors to change in the tone stage and switch to make this more friendly to play? Lets darken this up a bit! The schematic can be found here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0kwg36lq1tw9g0/aion-cerulean-bb-documentation-v2.pdf?dl=1

Pojo

I would start with increasing C6 and/or C7 to let's say 22n. That would shift the roll off frequency of the tone and pres pots down an octave.

GGBB

The MG version of the BB is bright. The KOT version is less so - a lot more balanced. But even still - it is a bright pedal. You can easily make it less bright by cutting highs, but that's not really the issue with this pedal IMO. The overall bright character stems from the extreme bass filtering in the feedback loop of the first op-amp. This is the R2, R3, C3, C4 section. I'd start by changing R2 and R3 to KOT values 33k and 27k, and then change C3 to 22n and C4 to 33n. This really thickens up the pedal nicely.
  • SUPPORTER

heathfball20

Awesome! I will do both recommendations asap! Will post how the pedal turns out! Thanks guys!

heathfball20

Update! I changed out the capacitors and resistors and made the pedal very useful. A nice luscious OD! Thank you for the suggestions! You guys were spot on! Im very pleased and excited to play with my Overdrive now!

john101804

Hello guys,heres my builds..with GGG and Kipper4 (thanks bros!!)
JHS Morning Glory (a Modded Marshal BB)

I just replaced the panasonic caps (brown caps) with plastic non-inductive film caps.
Or email me here:  johnclarito.fondales@amkor.com