Firefly tube amp attempt

Started by maiko, May 16, 2016, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maiko

i just went through all the components and hook up everything is as what is specified in the diagram.

However.   im using DC 12.6 volts for the heaters pins 4 and 5 only  and i omitted the 100 ohm resistors that hook up the heaters to the rest of the components.

instead of power running to the heaters + and - to the 100 ohm resistors there is no hook up

PRR

Thanks.

I can't see your build from here, but voltages suggest multiple shorts to ground.
  • SUPPORTER

maiko

Actually ive been thinking of removing everything from the chassis and just laying it out on my rubber topped table to see if theres a short somewhre

maiko

This is the one project that really given me nightmares as to where i went wrong.

but looking at the datasheet for the recommended transformer  it says blue(plate) red (b+) and brown (plate)

If you look at the fire fly layout the brown is hooked up to the b+    I still got most of the parts for the project and i could put it together.  but before  i do that and just to save my sanity.    do you think this is correct? should the brown which is labeled (plate) on the data sheet go to the b+  on my circuit.

The lay out and shematic are a couple of post before this.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/5c0054.pdf

PRR

• SUPPORTER