stupid question? JMK Hamlet + 18v?

Started by heathfball20, May 21, 2016, 04:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

It doesn't necessarily mean that the power supply is bad, it might just not be a good fit with a pedal like this. What were you using previously?

Some power supplies will be incredibly noisy, especially ones that aren't made for audio ... see if you can borrow a One Spot or something similar. Usually a Boss power supply will be fine, too, since they supply quite a bit of current these days. Even the output on some multi/isolated supplies usually don't supply more than 100mA. The TT Hamlet in total draws quite a bit of current once all the digital stuff is hooked up, and some lower-current power supplies don't like that. I tend to do all my testing with the One Spot ... it's cheap, easily replaced, and tons of people have them, so to be honest I'm not always good about testing with the other supplies I have around the house to identify problems that come from different supplies.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted, I'm just sorry I didn't think of it earlier before I sent you on a wild goose chase.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!