Dual 9V Battery Supply Box Help?

Started by ncusack, June 03, 2016, 09:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncusack

Im looking to box up two 9V batteries to provide the option for 2x9V output and 1x18V output and want to know if there might be any issues wiring it like this.

armdnrdy

When I click on the link...your image flashes on the screen momentarily and then women and jewelry images appear.

Why box up batteries when you can build a power supply that will do the same thing?
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

GGBB

If you use both 9V jacks simultaneously, which I assume is half the purpose, you will probably have problems. The lower one's pin is connected to the upper one's shield - negative connected to positive. If both connected devices have the same supply polarity and share ground, you will short circuit the upper battery.

I can't think of any clever way to do this without a switch to connect the batteries in series which I suspect is what you are after.
  • SUPPORTER

armdnrdy

You can build something like this to produce 9 and 18 volts:

http://www.muzique.com/tech/power3.htm

Batteries not included/needed.  ;)
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

PRR

> women and jewelry images appear.

May be just you. I don't get no women, just an over-large schematic.

> option for 2x9V output and 1x18V output and want to know if there might be any issues wiring it like this.

What are these outputs going to? Probably audio boxes, which are also all wired together with audio grounds. I've drawn this connection with green lines. The lower battery is shorted-out.

• SUPPORTER

armdnrdy

Quote from: PRR on June 05, 2016, 11:35:56 PM
> women and jewelry images appear.
May be just you. I don't get no women, just an over-large schematic.

He fixed the link after my post....but Paul...if you look at the drawing then close your eyes...
you might be able to see the women too!  ;)