true bypass looper

Started by Lynn, June 09, 2016, 07:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn

Hi, im new to the forum and just learning. I recently bought a single true bypass looper pedal kit off fleabay and came with no instructions and judging from the negative feedback on the seller im probably not gonna get any.I dont want to send it back so im trying to figure it out. from looking at other diagrams i think ive about got it only thing it has 2 capacitors i cant figure where they go. anybody got any ideas

antonis

First of all, Wellcome..!!  :icon_biggrin:

Second, change the title of the thread because many people will come in a hurry for blood donation or lifting you up from the cliff... :icon_cool:

Third, don't make us burn out brain cells - just post some pictures..!!! :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Cozybuilder

Heres one- without naming the vendor, this should be the same as you described.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Lynn

this looks exactly like what Ive got , thank you! sorry bout the title I didnt really mean to post it. I dont know how to do things on here yet but hope to learn alot from you guys. thanks again

JerS

Also - the caps are optional really. They are not necessary for the build to work. If it were me, I'd probably just omit them entirely.

Cheers and good luck with your build!

Lynn

just for curiosity what are the caps for? I didnt see them included in any of the prints I looked at

Cozybuilder

The caps simply couple the AC (signal) so that you don't have to worry about mismatched DC levels depending on the circuits you use in the loop and whatever follows this looper box.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

antonis

For blocking (possible) DC differences on Send - Return path...

edit: Cozy is faster.. :icon_wink:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Lynn

ct_anthony

Hi All,

I don't get the benefit of those caps... As they are floating when send/return is in bypass the caps might still generate a plopp and let some DC float when send/return is switched on... It would only prevent "constant heavy DC" from a damaged pedal or something like that... but in general I would expect some more "plopp" from the additional caps than without (expecially when the output cap before the return is a polarized elko).

Lynn

I built it with the caps and there is a pop when you switch it. May take them out and see the difference