mind if i do a little radio shack bashing? hahaha

Started by plexi12000, June 14, 2016, 01:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plexi12000

man....i went to my local RS for etchant.  and all i needed yet to try my "dr boogey" build....was some pcb board.  saw some there...3 bucks what the hell.

phew....good gawd, that stuff is complete crap.  the only thing that "works" is it "transfers" ok!   no matter what speed my drill bit spun at.....you get a little "volcano" around the hole.   and the copper then flakes away.   so, it is a MAJOR bitch to make decent contact with the iron.

on the component side.....the board material "flakes" big time. looks terrible.   SMDH...... won't do that again!  lol

Blitz Krieg

whoisalhedges

Recently bought some vero from Amazon... the first time wasn't a problem, real good-quality stuff, but this musta been a different seller. The strips are basically copperized paper. They conduct just fine, but yeah - it pulls off. I guess on the plus side, I was just able to work around the pulled-up bits as my "cuts"...

deadastronaut

bash away... ;D

even though maplins annoy me generally...(usually the staff ::))

i do like their copper clad....at least you can see before buying..it is good quality stuff.

i do like their expensive pots too...have a good feel to them..

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

whoisalhedges

My favorite thing about Rat Shack is dropping $1.99 on two metallized film caps.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: whoisalhedges on June 14, 2016, 06:24:49 AM
My favorite thing about Rat Shack is dropping $1.99 on two metallized film caps.

Or resistors. It's hard to beat online prices though when you have multiple locations people manning the stores and so on.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

plexi12000

Quote from: whoisalhedges on June 14, 2016, 06:24:49 AM

hahahaha!!!!  IKR?!

plexi12000

Quote from: Blitz Krieg on June 14, 2016, 02:01:26 AM
what is the brand name on the board?

you know what, man?  the ink was so faint i couldnt really even read it.  it kinda looked like "NB" or maybe "NH",  but ireally have no idea.

the board and the packaging are already in the burn barrel!!!!  sorry i could nt be more help on that-