Sorry for all the trouble. Se ya'll around.

Started by BillyJ, October 13, 2003, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyJ

I am very sorry to anyone I offended.
I have removed as much of my banter as possible.
I have asked all the wrong questions and foolishly confesed my ignorance.
If anyone for a minute thinks I am out to make any money off of any off you your nuts!
I was only posing questions.  
Some of you have been kind and gracious.
I thank you for this.
Others were not so kind and felt a need to question my intelligence.
OK fine I am a drop out and a loser and plain stupid. Pleased?
I will be taking myself elswhere for a spell and when I return it certainly will be under a different name since I see a real mob mentality here and very very little in the way of forgiveness in a quagmire of double standards (as I see it) and well just a real weird way of things that I don't fully understand.
You all can say it is very cut and dry but it isn't so easy for everyone.
So sorry for all the bad vibes.! Thanks for the awesome help.
When I come back as a different name if you reconize me anyway please realize I am sorry to have caused any trouble. I am not a bad dude.
I am mellow dad that plays guitar and couldn't afford his fix anymore so he came here to learn to DIY. That is all. I have no real other motivation.
Thanks for reading. I know I probably pissed off some more poeple casue it is offtopic or they just hate me now. Sorry for that too.
If it helps I gonna go stomp the poop out of some cool pedals that you all helped me to build. So thank you as well as I am sorry and see you around.

Very sincerely,

Billy Jed

puretube

c`mon, Billy - don`t see it so drastic!

I don`t feel it like there is anymobbing going on here.

There were 2 parties (maybe more) that tried to define their
view-points.

And each have their own views of the things.

One gets a little louder than the other - ooops, the other
one feels offended/mistaken and yells back.

Time will calm things down. No need to run and hide.

Please stay who you are, and forgive me,
(or understand my point)
if I stepped on your toes (too hard).

I fully understand your situation about wanting to know all
about the fx and sounds and how to get them.

Situation would be totally different, if you were in one room
with one of the contributors to this thread, talking bout the
issues we had, and not a public ear/eye would be able to
listen/see what was going on in your private talk...

One can call that double standards, but it is just a little bit
like the difference in calling out loud"catch me if you can"
at the station after sneaking a "free" ride on the subway,
or grinning to yourself inside: "hah, glad there was no conductor
today - saved me a dollar"...

Andy

uh, I've missed a thread or something.  What is going on here?
Andy

aron

Quote from: Andyuh, I've missed a thread or something.  What is going on here?

Well, we can't really see all of it since a lot of posts have been post-edited. That was similar to the reason why I didn't allow deleting of posts on the old forum.

gez

Personally, I think you raised some points that I've thought for a long time, but didn't want all the flack so I kept my mouth shut.

I really don't give a damn one way or another about Mr B's book, and I don't think it's worth you going into hiding for.  I'm a clueless bastard, but sometimes I know the answers to a few of the questions posted here, and If I ever know the answer to one of yours I won't think twice about hitting the reply button (same goes for anyone else here - life's too short for grudges).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Peter Snowberg

Billy, I'm going to second everything Puretube said, and say don't take it so hard.

I understand where your argument was comming from, it just had some holes in it for anybody that wants to make a living from intellectual property.

I hope you come back as BillyJ. I won't hesitate to answer any question of yours that I can. I have no hard feelings toward you. I don't think you're a bad dude.

I never had any worries about YOU stealing or selling any design of mine, but this topic came up very recently when another member here was (and still is) selling clones of ZVex pedals. It is a real concern.

Again, don't worry about it. We are always learning.

Take care, and the best of luck to you whatever you decide.

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

BillyJ

It would seem I am addicted to this site and the relationships I have grown to really like.
If a few folks don't want to hang with me that is cool.
I iwll keep my name and identity intact.
I appreciate the understanding some of you have extended me.
i did remove some of my posts and perhaps I should not have but I do really regret alot of what I typed.
Some if not most of it was a bit reactionary and hardly any of it was deeply thought out. I said plenty I regret,
Aron I am sorry for removing my commnets. If you have a way to feel free to reinsert them. Ugh....
I just want it clearly know (even tho I think those with something to worry about know already) tjat I am in no way out to make any profit from anyone else hard work. I don't wanna burn anyone.
i am just into learning nothing else. Maybe one day when I learn something you all will have to make room in the glass case for me but that is far and away and I think you haven't much to worry about :O)
I think I just hadn't given it enough thought.
Purtetube, Peter and others you guys are awesome and gracious and I really want to thank you for not holding it against me!!!.
I do hope folks would see how cool you gentlemen are and leave your stuff to be built by your hands.
I know my arguments were weak but so was the reasoning behind them.
So I am gonna stick around cause I won't be happy lurking about and pretending something else.
To anyone else I may have replied to in a poopy way I am sorry I did that as well.
To anyone who was glad to see me go, sorry but I am hangin' around welcomed or not.
I will be very happy when this and couple other threads drift off of into obscurity.

Again my appologies and thank you all.

BillyJed

puretube

Paul Marossy

Peter Snowberg

:D  :D  8)  :D  Welcome Back Billy!  :D  8)  :D  :D

I'm so glad we worked through this.

Several of your responses were quite reactionary, but I'm from San Francisco. Reactionary is our middle name. :)  I used to live in "The People's Republic of Berkeley", a.k.a. "Berzerkley". I understand; don't worry about it.

You sticking around has multiplied my respect for you by several times. Sometimes a little growth hurts, but you come out of it in a much better position. :D

Has that guy shown you what opto he's using in the timer yet?

-Peter

BillyJ

Thanks Peter. We share some things in common. I too have spent a lot of time in Sonoma Co, the city, and even Berzerkly for a short spell.
I might have picked up a little of that reactionary stuff in the park LOL!
Sometimes the us against them thing get a hold and I lose site that sometimes the them IS us. Whooops!
Anyway onto more fun and a lot less follishness from me.

Funny you asked I email a very polite email to him explaining what I thnk is going on and how I really need that box to gring these things to fruition.
I have not heard back. I think he might be mulling it over and kicking himself now realizing he may have more of a hand it its failure then he previously thought. I am sure he will be in touch soon....
I asked him to mail it so maybe it will just show up.
I iwll certainly be asking about it again when I get it or (hopefully) posting about what the trouble was and how it was remedied.
I am almost 99% sure he has some crazy opto in there that works and they who sold it to him (who only had a couple and is getting no more) told him a 3041 would be agood replacement.
I have yet to find a data sheet for this sk 4024 (I haven't dug that hard...the data sheets are usualy easy to find) and I have yet to see it written anywhere that they are a replacement for them....
Time will tell..
Thanks folks you guys are cool as heck!

Peter Snowberg

Quotesometimes the them IS us

Bullseye. :D

It's easy to forget that from time to time.

I wish I could head over to Telegraph and grab a Fat Slice right about now. :)

Take care,
-Peter