Wiring a Pedalboard Interface

Started by PianoMan4486, June 24, 2016, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan4486

Hey all! First post. Just for fun I've been dipping my toes into the circuit design realm for a pedalboard build I'm planning out. I'd like to build an interface for the board with an Input and Stereo Outputs, a master mute, tuner out, and a switch that sums the stereo output to mono if needed. Using some information I found here, I think I've about got the circuit worked out, but being that this is the first time I've really tried to do something like this, I was hoping someone could check my work before I actually order parts. Let me know what you think! Any input would be appreciated! Here's what I have:

slacker

Hi, that looks good to me. The only thing I would possibly change is instead of having the left and right inputs going to the middle row of the switch swap them with the left and right outputs, so outputs to the middle inputs to the bottom, then connect the two top row switch contacts to ground. That way when it's in "tuner mode" the left and right outputs get grounded which will stop or reduce any hum from your amps or whatever the outputs are plugged into.

Welcome aboard :)

PianoMan4486