TS808 from aion electronics

Started by simonbull, June 26, 2016, 04:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonbull

Hi

i want to use this Aion electronic  Stratus ts9  overdrive  pedal for blues  harp  that means i need to increase the bass boot frequencies by 20 db
i need a high impedance input buffer of approx 10 ohm  to match the high impedance of the bullet mic i am going to be using
also in  needs to be soft led clipping to emulate old tube amps   i was planning on using the fat mod listed in the build documents of this project so i am assuming  the tone control acts like a bass / treble control,

ideally it would be clockwise to increase bass frequency 

and i need a pretty high output volume range  any one can help figuring out the cap and resistor values  please
also not sure if a charge pump for 18 volt will improve the tone

PRR

Welcome.

https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/aion-stratus-ts9-documentation.pdf

The input impedance is plenty high for any "bullet mic".

The TS-9/etc distortions deliberately roll-off bass so guitar chords do not get muddy and annoying. You may not need this on harmonica.

CX3 CX2 C4 are three selectable bass-cut caps. The biggest, 68nFd, cuts below 500Hz. 500nFd, 0.5uFd (0.47uFd) ought to pass the entire guitar range, and I don't believe reeds go lower than that.

IMHO, no simple diode clipper (Ge, Si, LED, CuOx, vacuum) can duplicate the complex bias-shifts of a heavily over-driven tube amp. There comes a time when nothing will do but a Champ or Valve Jr.
  • SUPPORTER