MN3007/MN3207 BBD chips sources?

Started by Emanresu, June 30, 2016, 09:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emanresu

Hi guys,

Not 100% sure this is the right part of the forum to be inquiring but here goes anyway,

I've been trying to source these BBDs for a flanger project (Mxr M117/ADA/Who knows) but can't seem to find a reputable source that still stocks them, Smallbear seems to have no stock, they have the Coolaudio equivalents but I'm thinking the price just to have them delivered/imported is going to well exceed the price of the actual IC (I'm in the UK). Dr Tweek is the same story, the way to go seems to be Ebay but all of the listings seems to be from China or Hong Kong and as tempting as it is to just order a load and hope the odd one or two are genuine I'm fairly sure they're all fakes.

So the question, does anybody know of any reliable sources of these BBD chips or does anybody have a secret stash they'd like to share?

Thanks!

smallbearelec

In the morning, I will ask the staff to see if we have any left of the MN3007. We might, as we don't always post all available inventory. Re the 3207, yea I have the Coolaudio version and also the Shanghai Belling BL3207.

Re shipping: For a shipping bag to Europe, the PO charges us a minimum of $13.50 for the First Ounce. We surely don't like it, and it's what we contend with. That said, be aware that if you need other goodies, you can put up to four ounces in the bag for the same money.

Why the high rate? The PO has for years not made money delivering letters and such. It has a lot of employees who can't be laid off, and a lot of unnecessary locations that it can't close. It can and does make money delivering packages. For the moment, the profits from that allow it to avoid shrinking its legacy businesses.

I'll respond again after we have checked stock.

Regards
SD

armdnrdy

Call around some of your local electronics supply houses...
Ask for a TDA2107

Phillips licensed this series of BBD to Matsushita.
The TDA is a pin for pin equivalent to the MN3007.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

bluebunny

Banzai and Musikding (both in Germany) list these, although Musikding don't appear to have stock right now.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Emanresu

QuoteIn the morning, I will ask the staff to see if we have any left of the MN3007. We might, as we don't always post all available inventory. Re the 3207, yea I have the Coolaudio version and also the Shanghai Belling BL3207.

Re shipping: For a shipping bag to Europe, the PO charges us a minimum of $13.50 for the First Ounce. We surely don't like it, and it's what we contend with. That said, be aware that if you need other goodies, you can put up to four ounces in the bag for the same money.

Thank you so much for your response! I understand completely, you have such a good reputation I'd usually go to Smallbear when looking for anything, I was just hoping there'd be a source this side of the atlantic as I'm only currently looking to get this one IC really.

As for the TDA2107, I'd never really heard about it, but that's really handy advice, thanks!

I've just looked at Banzai though and it seems like they're the way to go I think, Thanks bluebunny!