Blender-circuit without potmeter

Started by johellin, July 03, 2016, 11:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johellin

Hi.
Anyone able to advise me how to make this without a potmeter:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.no/2012/01/mini-blend-jfet.html

I want it to blend so that both signals are equally loud.

I am going to use this to blend in the "tail" of a reverb after I have bypassed the effect-loop.
So what is happening is that when loop is activated, the whole signal comes throug efx-return. When bypassed, the clean signal passes through the buffer, with only the remaining tails coming from the loop.

John

GibsonGM

Hi John, you might be able to rig (2) 22K resistors to mimic the terminals of a 50k-ish pot.   You'll have to read the description on there about where to connect what, I didn't find it exactly clear at a glance.

All a pot is, is a resistive track that is 'broken' by the wiper (middle terminal), which varies the resistance.  So, if you had say 10k on the "wiper to top" section, you would have about 40K on the "wiper to bottom" terminals....you can simulate this by using 2 resistors like I suggested above.

The trouble with this idea is that the circuit is probably not 'ideal, meaning that the exact center of the pot might not give you what you want...you may have to play with the resistor values ("may" = will, I bet).   So, for that reason I suggest you use the correct 50K audio taper pot!     You COULD use a pot to dial in the right amount of blend, then measure it from wiper to 'top', wiper to 'bottom', and insert those approx. valued resistors...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...