(Wah)Ibanez wh10v2 - need discussion to make super perfect mod.

Started by Lasscow, July 17, 2016, 04:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasscow

Hi everyone

I have play 1,000 of Ibanez WH10V2(Wah) and I found a 99 ploblems and everytime I try to fix it all the way it will give me a bad result.The important thing is it is the best wah for me and some guys here and John Frusciante too!!!!

This all mod I do it separately one by one not in the same pedal.

1. It has a dull bypass tone I throw it away

2. Pull 2n2 capacitor out of it the result is bypass tone is ok :) but when I turn it on it give me a super weird sound(Very muddy tone)  :( I throw it away

3. Make it true-bypass by install 3pdt the result is bypass tone is super perfect (Yessssss!!!!) but when I turn it on it give me a very thin tone not same as the orginal one (Like it has only hi frequency) I throw it away

4. Put it in true bypass loop switching system the result is I have to dance like crazy when I need to turn it on immediately I throw it away

5. The G-Lab wah pad is the best option but it very expensive for me (I'm not in Europe or U.S.A)  :(

From these problem it drive me to find the best mod for it.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

And now!!!!!!! I have an idea to make it perfect my idea is to make the external bypass for it (It's the same idea with put it in true bypass loop but we can toggle it on in one time)

Ok let me explain how this mod work and please! I need some reply or some feed back from you guys.

First of all I will build the normal 1 pedal True bypass looper and then I will replace the Ibanez WH10V2 switch with 3pdt then put it in the looper and Finally make the loop turn on when turn the wah on and make the loop turn of when the wah off.

Please tell me how to make this happen I have 0 knowledge about complex circuit.

Please leave your answer thank you.