TC ELECTRONICS TONE PRINT

Started by PennyroyalTea2, August 01, 2016, 04:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennyroyalTea2

Anyone got experience with the tone prints , sounds like to me you can buy any of them and morph it into anything.

Like you could take the delay and switch everything to be like a vibrato tremolo chorus or a flanger ? sounds pretty wild.

thehallofshields

I've never owned one, but from what I've seen you're able to tweak most of the important parameters of the said effect, and additionally add the standard 4 modulation effects to everything: vibrato, chorus, flanger, phase.

However, it's not like you have total freedom. You can't add an Envelope Filter to the Octave Down, you can't add Delay to the Compressor etc.

Still very cool product. I'm probably going to buy the Subn'up to replace my Boss OC-2 (then build Merlin's UBoat someday).

PennyroyalTea2

Exactly , I am told don't use a DELAY for creating because it will still have DELAY sounds Effects.

I'm looking to make CHORUS or FLANGER to have the same RATES DEPTHS etc as a ECHO FLANGER POLYCHORUS.

Does anyone here know the lowest and highest depths ?

Which would mean I should be able to either buy the FLANGER or CHORUS to do this , Shouldn't be a huge difference?

patrick398

I've had the shaker vibrato for about a year now and yesterday was the first time i've actually hooked it up to the toneprint editor. It's really cool! You can select between a couple of choruses, a vibrato, and a couple of flangers and set each knob on the pedal to control up to three parameters. You can get some pretty wild effects as well with the depth and mix at 100%. I really wasn't sure about this feature at first but having played with it now i'd actually consider buying more of their pedals. You get one function for the stock sound and the toneprint function for the batshit crazy stuff...it's like two pedals in one!

thehallofshields

It looks pretty good dude. You can adjust the role of each pot, set the sweep graphically, then the Modulation is just a bonus.

PennyroyalTea2

Yeah very awesome ,

So does anyone know the Delay MS Speed KHZ etc of ECHOFLANGER POLYCHORUS ?

jimsreynolds

I have a Flashback X4 and have created/ saved toneprints for a high quality chorus and flanger. I have the chorus assigned to one of the Flashback's three  pedals and use it regularly onstage.  Only headache is that you cannot read a toneprint from the pedal or save it to the PC,  using the toneprint editor.  This means you cannot tweak a toneprint t you have already saved in a later edit session.  At least that was the case last time I checked.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk