The Purple DynaSSOR!

Started by Hairston, October 13, 2003, 09:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairston

Hey guys!

Take a break from the soldering and check out the cool finish on my Tonepad Dynacomp/Ross Compressor clone:

http://home.lehighone.com/rmetzger/images/Purple_DynaSSOR.jpg

Barney would be proud!

ENJOY!
-HB

sfr

that is a very very nice looking pedal you've got there.    I really ought to spend more time on the finishing.

What are the two switches on the left for?  Are you simply doubling up rather than using a 4PDT like the switching mod on the Tonepad site?  Or something else?
sent from my orbital space station.

Marcos - Munky

Very cool effect. Keep this great job in your next effects.

bwanasonic

Hey! Where's the photo-essay on how you did it?! Decals and all, c'mon no holding out!

nice!
Kerry M

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Hairston

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.comAwesome!

Fp
Oh my God, I got an "awesome" from the man himself... Thanks for the project Fp!

One switch is a 3PDT to switch between the Ross and MXR modes, the other is an SPST that switches that infamous 220pF cap in and out of the circuit.

The labels are water-slide. I printed them with white ink with my old Alps printer. The finish over the decals is Nitro-Lacquer, just like on the headstock of guitars.

- HB

sfr

What are these Alps printers people have mentioned here a few times?  I haven't heard of them before.   Are they expensive?
sent from my orbital space station.

Peter Snowberg

That looks fantastic!

Nice job! :D

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

aron

QuoteThe labels are water-slide. I printed them with white ink with my old Alps printer. The finish over the decals is Nitro-Lacquer, just like on the headstock of guitars.

It looks great! 8)

Bill_F

Quotethe other is an SPST that switches that infamous 220pF cap in and out of the circuit.

What does switching that cap out of the system do?

puretube

WOW!!! absolutely professional:

Respect!

:D

//www.puretube.com

Mark Hammer

Fess up.  The "BOUT" on the right side of the middle legend is a copy of the old Bill Godbout Electronics logo, right?  :wink:

Hairston

Quote from: Mark HammerFess up.  The "BOUT" on the right side of the middle legend is a copy of the old Bill Godbout Electronics logo, right?  :wink:
Yup! You got it! Nothings get's by the veterans here... :D I was wondering when someone was going to ask about that.

Actually, it's kind of a funny story. People have called me "Hairbag", or "Hairybag" or just simply "Bag" over the years. I was doing a TS-9 mod a long time ago for a friend and when it was done he was like "Wow, you do some good work! I should start calling you Bill Bagbout from now on!". I thought it was kinda funny at the time, and I used that as a logo on the pedals I have made over the years. Keep in mind I am just a hobbyist, I don't sell these, I make them because I love the work (or if a friend wants one). There is no real company or person named "Bagbout". It is simply my way of showing respect for one of the pioneers in the field.

CHEERS!
-HB

Mark Hammer

I like it.  Now all you need to do is build these suckers on S-100 boards chock full of 2102's !  :wink: