What is the best/closest Zendrive clone layout?

Started by gbkd80, August 05, 2016, 02:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbkd80

I've been wanting to build up one of these, but before I just "pick one" I'd like to know what current layout and parts list will get me in the closest territory to the real thing.  I kept going back to the Lovepedal tagboard/pcb layout... my friend has one but like all the rest, it's gooped. 

stallik

I built 2 Zendrives, the first on vero using the tagboard effects layout, the second on pcb using Rick Holts layout (the earlier one with the picture of a transistor on it)

Both sound really good but I have no way of comparing either with the original. Perhaps, if you build one, you might compare it with your mates original and let us know how well it stacks up? Even if it's not exactly the same, these clones are fine sounding and you can always cover it in goop to add some mojo......

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

gbkd80

Yeah, I planned on a comparison when it was done.  Cool - I'll try one of the ones floating around and see how it comes out.  Thanks!