New Timmy Build with a couple of problems

Started by ToneJunkie, August 10, 2016, 08:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneJunkie

I just built this today and it sounds really good but there are a couple of issues.  The bass cut control doesn't work right... It adds bass and the Gain control is wired backward.  I think this may be a schematic reading issue.  How do you know what side of the pot you are supposed to use when looking at the schematic... in other words which end is pin 1 and pin 3?

PRR

See the little arrow? Not the wiper, the other arrow. This points to the "up" or "10" end of the pot.
  • SUPPORTER

ToneJunkie

Thanks PRR!  Yep I did not do that right... I built this thing on a whim this morning with some parts I had laying around.   I did it without a board so point to point.  First time I have ever done that.  I'm just gonna leave it as is... man this circuit sounds great!  I'm stoked on it.  Here are some pictures...  Check out the weird IC board I made... I thought it was interesting :-)

LightSoundGeometry

I got my timmy finished..I couldnt wait for the 39nF, and the 47 did not sound good as the filter was off, I went with a 33 and it works great!

the point to point ^ looks really cool dude, good work!

Beo

GibsonGM

Dude, insane fitting of all the components in that tiny space, LOL!!!! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

ToneJunkie

Yeah... I used a .047 too and I did think is sounds a little off as far as the bass control but man do I like this circuit!  It will be an always on type pedal for me.   I will have to change cap that but with the point to point build thats a bit harder  :o.  As far as the fitting goes I usually build amps and this was my first pedal project in years.  I had this black box laying around with holes already in it and I decided what the hell.  Here is one of my amps... my amps are much cleaner!  I kind of want to try another point to point build but put some thought into it.  I had fun doing it... Timmy point to point #2 and Zenddrive point to point I think are the next builds.  I use a Midi pedal looping system so I'm thinking no switch builds just like this but cleaner.

LightSoundGeometry

youve been shopping at the tube depot.. suntans, od's, dales and those old tube sockets  lol