Phase 90 Modifications

Started by PedalSouldier, August 11, 2016, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PedalSouldier

Hello. I did two mods to my phase 90 (Script and Univibe) but I am a little unsure on how to do the oscillating LED mod. Could somebody tell me how in detail. I see people saying "tap off the oscillator" But Im not sure where that is.

Thanks.
I'm learning..

drummer4gc

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=38259

This was my attempt to figure it out. If I remember right, I was finally able to nail it using a PNP transistor, but unfortunately it's not documented in this thread. Sorry, might give you a starting point though.

PedalSouldier

Ok this helps a bit. Its funny how there is no definite way. Here is what Ill do. im going to experiment and then make a post that explains exactly how to do it. hah once and for all for all to see.

Thank you for your response.
I'm learning..

duck_arse

don't be shy, drummer4gc. as we don't have anything else like a circuit, I'll use yours as a reference.

if I was doing this, I'd ditch both 1M resistor, and the 100nF. connect the base straigt to pin7 of whatever. connect the collector straight to +9V/supply. shift the led and its CLR to the emitter leg-to-ground, it doesn't matter - led then CLR, or CLR then led - as long as the K is pointing to the gnd.

you now have an emitter follower. it should wink the led, following the waveshape, rather than turning it on (with massive gain), then off.

[edit :] erm, on second thoughts, the resulting blinks may be somewhat underwhelming with the emitter follower, if the oscillator only has a small output swing. big swing, no probs.
don't make me draw another line.

PedalSouldier

Ok great. I saw a guy who did a "Stereo" Light thing and it was two of the circuits you posted but I only need one. you confirmed that I can cut his in half and use one side.

Thanks alot.
I'm learning..

PedalSouldier

I built this circuit and finally got it to work but funny issue.. I cant find a switched 5-9 volt source on the board at all.. its all live all the time the

oscillator light I just built stays pulsing after I switch off the pedal.

any ideas? I find it hard to believe that the oscillator stays on all the damn time when you shut off the pedal.

I might have to scratch this mod. Im not going to wire a external switch just for this.   
I'm learning..

bluebunny

The footswitch should never turn off the power.  It's only there to bypass the circuitry.  So everything is powered-up and running all of the time, including the LFO.  I'm not familiar with this mod, but I'm guessing the idea is that you can set the LFO speed (visually) before you switch on the effect.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

pedalsouldier - did you get a decent wink from your led? does your pedal have a bypass indicator led? if yes, how is that switched?

an actual circuit diagram of the actual pedal, posted in the thread, can be a wonderful aid.
don't make me draw another line.

PedalSouldier

Yes I got a decent wink. I have the feeling it could be improved though. perhaps another transistor. Yes Duck_arse it has a led but when I tapped

off of that signal with a relay it caused interfearance with the sound. Since I have the script mod I thought I would just put a DPDT switch to turn

on the mod and the winking light circuit at once but that also caused a different kind of interfearence. so I settled with installing another switch
to shut off the light by itself. which is fine because it enables you to see what the wave form is visually before you turn on the pedal.

Not perfect but It works for me. Now can anybody tell me how to heck to post pics or videos on here all I get when I press photo is "[img]"
I'm learning..

Kipper4

"Now can anybody tell me how to heck to post pics or videos on here all I get when I press photo is "[img]"

It's a good start.
You will need to host your images on an image hosting website Eg ;Imgur. Others exist too.
copy a link from the hosted site and paste that between the img tags.

Bosh the jobs a goodun.

Glad you're able to mod the P90 to your liking.
Happy posting.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

PedalSouldier

Thank you. Seems kind of stupid that you cant just select one from your computer. then again the pic could be dirty.
I'm learning..

jimilee

Quote from: PedalSouldier on August 13, 2016, 12:32:41 AM
I built this circuit and finally got it to work but funny issue.. I cant find a switched 5-9 volt source on the board at all.. its all live all the time the

oscillator light I just built stays pulsing after I switch off the pedal.

any ideas? I find it hard to believe that the oscillator stays on all the damn time when you shut off the pedal.

I might have to scratch this mod. Im not going to wire a external switch just for this.
Ground it to lug 1 on your 3pdt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRR

> stupid that you cant just select one from your computer

If you let every Tom, Jane, and PedalSouldier on a 10,000+ member forum store images on the forum server, server storage explodes, hosting company fees go up and up.

That happens on another (smaller) forum and every few months the forum uploads basically stall because the server is clogged-up.

> then again the pic could be dirty.

Dirty-pix is not the issue. Anybody can find nekkid-woman pix already ON the Web and link it into a forum posting. The forum software can't check for boobs. (Google can, but that's a whole higher level of server.)

If Aaron objects (or members complain), he can edit the message and remove the image. Doesn't really matter where it is hosted.

With the rise of social media image-hosting services, many "free", the hassle to the forum operator outweighs the convenience to the forum members. And this is a "DIY" forum. Part of your skill-set may be to know how to make your private snaps public to the whole world.
  • SUPPORTER

PedalSouldier

I now understand completely.

Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge of the subject PRR.
I'm learning..