Broken Dunlop Wah

Started by PedalSouldier, August 11, 2016, 09:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PedalSouldier

I was wiring up my functioning wah pedal that sucked my tone down and after I did it stopped sweeping. Meaning as I turn the pot that makes the "wah" sound it picks up AM radio and doesn't sweep. but when I strum my guitar through it it sounds like a wah at the lowest position.

Please Help. I even returned the pedal to its original components and it still is not working.
I'm learning..

thermionix

Kipper4

I'm no expert but maybe it's how you have the pot set up, since I don't think a normal treadle would use all of the pots rotation right?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

GibsonGM

Quote from: Kipper4 on August 12, 2016, 01:20:02 PM
I'm no expert but maybe it's how you have the pot set up, since I don't think a normal treadle would use all of the pots rotation right?

Yup, you'd want to undo the screw, allow the pot to roll freely, and see what turning it does.  Wahs need to be "Set" at times, for the right range.   At least doing this will let you see if turning it gets you more treble, and you can come back if that doesn't fix it...
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...