Tonepad Fuzzface difficulties

Started by uzdgtrz, August 12, 2016, 09:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzdgtrz

Hello : this tonepad Fuzzface (positive ground version) is my first stompbox project, and I'd like to get it powered from a domestic outlet (not a 9v independent battery).
I don't understand how to create the layout : the schematic seems to display an actual battery, whereas I thought domestic outlet wouldn't make it necessary. (I'm not looking for a multi-pedal power supply, as this fuzz is the only pedal that will be in my rig)
Please help me out  :icon_neutral:

bluebunny

Welcome!

If this really, really is going to be your only pedal and nothing else will share the power supply, then connect the "PSU +" to GND on the circuit, and "PSU -" to -9V on the circuit.

Voltages are all relative: there are no absolutes.  A "positive ground" circuit just means that "ground" is the most positive part of the circuit.  (Compare this with the majority of stompboxes where "ground" is the most negative part.)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

uzdgtrz

Thanks for the quick answer bluebunny  :) so I assume PSU + goes with the GND located under the INPUT ?

JerS

Yes, you can connect the positive terminal of the power supply to the sleeve of the input jack (shown on the schematic) to make the positive ground.

uzdgtrz

Cool : now how can I add an on/off switch and a signaling LED (or else) to this circuit ?   ???
Oh and are there voltage values that matter when picking up an Ac adapter ?

bluebunny

Use the wiring diagrams at Tonepad for details on how to wire up footswitches, jacks and LEDs.  Make sure the PSU you get is putting out a regulated 9V DC.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...