kent 6400 distorter schematic anyone?

Started by pete_g, August 15, 2016, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete_g

Ive built a few schiller fuzzes before but I'm trying to build the kent 6400 which is similar but missing a resistor and a few caps.
Does anyone have a schematic drawn from a pedal itself and not an interpretation of it?

pete_g

Ive tried building one with only just pics on the web, but if anyone has traced a schem id appreciate it

Mark Hammer

From what I've seen it is very close to the Schaller Fuzz, which itself is some form of Fuzz Face variant.  Conceivably, the component values should tell you where they are connected, using the Fizz Face as a guide.  For instance, the 25uf cap clearly goes from the wiper of the Fuzz pot to ground.  Are the AC151 transistors PNP or NPN?

rutabaga bob

Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

Cozybuilder

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Mark Hammer

That looks pretty plausible.  Still needs some anti-popping terminating resistors on those 10uf caps, but very plausible.  Thanks for your diligence.

thermionix

The polarity of the input cap is opposite of what you normally see in a positive ground FF.

Gus

I would guess a 5K or maybe lower volume control from looking at schaller schematic I found on the web.

pete_g

Ive seen pics where the input cap is a 5uf.
Here's what I came up with.Dismiss the 1n cap across Q1 B-C - thats a schaller mod
Any input would be great and I appreciate the effort

pete_g

BTW Ive built this based on my interpretation of it and it works, just wonder if the positions are accurate as i can't see the underside of the PCB as theres no pics of one on the net

tessmer

Hey y'all, hope these help. Let me know if you need any other pics, specs, bias voltage, etc...