Aion Refractor/Lumin problems

Started by ismacdon, August 25, 2016, 09:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ismacdon

Hey gang,

I've been through the site looking for a solution to my buzz problems with the aion refractor and lumin.  These are my first builds and am excited to get em working.  My issue is when I run a function generator and scope through the circuit I get a signal and the pots/switches work.  When I hook it up to an amplifier all I get is very loud buzz. 

I checked component values/orientation, touched up solder, and verified the grounding points. 

Anyone have a similar problem? 

The case in unfinished and i've grounded to the chassis and that didn't change anything...Please someone, alleviate my swelling itching brain.

Thx

ismacdon

I also checked the IC voltages and everything's within 10% except pin 3 of IC1.  I have about 3.71V and nominal is 1.27V.  This is the input pin of the IC.  Not quite sure what that means...C1/R1 values are good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PRR

Welcome!

Buzz is often missing ground. That it seems OK on test-gear but not on amplifier suggests output jack ground, but could be other reasons.

If you don't sort it yourself, I bet the gang wants good pictures of your build so they can hunt for missing wires, crossed jacks, and the billion other "dumb errors" we all make.
  • SUPPORTER

ismacdon

Ask and you shall recieve!  after a little touch up i'm in bidness.  Thank you!