Carvin FS36 footswitch for X60 amp

Started by StephenGiles, August 27, 2016, 01:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

I bought my X60 in 1998 with some money my mum handed on to me after my dad died. I managed to get a reduction in the price because the reverb wasn't working. After all these years, I now know that its special Carvin FS36 footswitch, which switches channels, effects loop and reverb, was missing. Had the lying salesman in the shop where I bought it - Eric Lindsey Music in Reigate UK told me the truth perhaps I may not have bought it.

Anyway, my question is - has anyone ever made a diy footswitch for this?
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

armdnrdy

Stephen,

You must have found this already but...in case you haven't........

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/pdf/misc/fs36.pdf

Here's the X60 drawing for more info:

http://carvinimages.com/schematics/X30-X60-1987.pdf

It looks like the footswitch controls reverb, vol. boost, and channel switching with JFET shunts via 6 CMOS inverters....probably 4049...inside the amp.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

PRR

Without the footswitch, Reverb is ENabled.

I don't see how you have a complaint against the salesman.

Does it boooing when you bump the cabinet?

Have you looked inside to see if the plugs fell out of the tank?

If you touch the center pin of the RTN lead, does it buzz bad?

If you lift any two legs of Q6 reverb mute, does it work?

There's not much to it. The schematic is a big help. Worst-case the reverb pan failed. Specs will be 150-1K input, 5K-20K output. Many-many solid-state pans will replace it enough to "work" (sadly Fender 5-Ohm input pans may work too poorly to tell).
  • SUPPORTER

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".