News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

100% wet100%

Started by macsearcher, August 27, 2016, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macsearcher

Hey all, I am brand new to the forum.
I'm excited to start taking part in some of the discussions on this board.

I've got a first question here and if anyone can jump in with some help, I would be grateful.
I have a parallel setup for my guitar pedals so that I can manage what i send and keep the trails for my delay pedals.
Unfortunately, the delay pedals that I use do not go to 100% wet.
Does anyone know of a simple way to isolate the wet signal?
I've tried some fancy phase tricks that work but they are way too complicated to implement in a live setup.
Thanks in advance.

R.G.

Every delay does a delay path and a dry path, and mixes the two. Exactly where and how the two are mixed are unique to each pedal. That means that details of how to do this are different on each pedal.

It is theoretically possible to build an external "subtractor" that would then subtract the external dry signal from a delay pedal, but it will require tinkering and adjusting, and even then is subject to drift. But you could get to 10% dry pretty easily.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ice-9

Hi, You would be best off telling us what the pedals are that you want to have 100% wet signal only for use in your parallel FX loop. This way we could look at the schematic for each pedal if available and advise on what to alter.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

macsearcher

Thanks so much for the replies.
They are both boutique pedals from small manufacturers. Unfortunately, I don't think that schematics would be readily available.
I have contacted both manufacturers and asked for assistance. Hopefully one or both of them will provide either schematics or suggestions.
I'll definitely post the schematics here if possible.

R.G.

Quote from: macsearcher on August 27, 2016, 08:50:37 PM
Thanks so much for the replies.
They are both boutique pedals from small manufacturers. Unfortunately, I don't think that schematics would be readily available.
I have contacted both manufacturers and asked for assistance. Hopefully one or both of them will provide either schematics or suggestions.
I'll definitely post the schematics here if possible.
That means that the delays are almost certainly based on the PT2399 or the FV1 delay chips. Changing to 100% on a PT2399 may be as simple as clipping a resistor. On an FV1 based unit, you might get lucky and have the mix done external to the chip, or not if it's done in software on the chip.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ice-9

Have you managed to sort out your 'wet only' for the delay pedals in question ? It would help if you were to tell us what the pedals are that you are trying to mod as someone here may indeed have had these pedals before and have a simple answer for you or be able to point you in the right direction.
As mentioned above if they are from a small boutique company then the likely hood is either PT2399 or FV-1 based delays. Both fall in the category of being modded.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.