Orders from futurlec.com

Started by Mgt280y, August 29, 2016, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mgt280y

Good evening do people order from these regularly I placed an order on the 12th not arrived yet and I have had no response from them when I emailed for an eta

armdnrdy

Good luck with Futurlec!

I've purchased parts from them a few times. They have a horrible customer service...do not return emails, (as you've discovered) send replacement parts without contacting you, "zero" parts that are listed as "in stock" on their webpage, and orders take over a month to arrive.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Mgt280y

Lovely ! So the parts normally turn up ? Im in no real rush for the order as its stock bits only went with them as it was a good price
Just don't like companies who don't bother to reply to emails

Cozybuilder

I've ordered from Futurlec 3 times, the prices were fair, and they had stock no one else did. Delivery was slow, but my orders showed up. In one case I e-mailed to find the status, and received a reply within 24 hours. If you're not in a hurry, they are worth considering.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Ripdivot

Quote from: Cozybuilder on August 29, 2016, 05:28:10 PM
I've ordered from Futurlec 3 times, the prices were fair, and they had stock no one else did. Delivery was slow, but my orders showed up. In one case I e-mailed to find the status, and received a reply within 24 hours. If you're not in a hurry, they are worth considering.

This has been my experience as well. I'm in Canada and I have had orders take anywhere from 4-6 weeks but the correct parts have always come.

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

stringsthings

I've ordered from Futurlec several times.  The orders do take a while, but they've always showed up. 
For emails, try re-sending your message.  They haven't always responded on the first send.  I don't use them
too often because of the slow service.   ( and the website doesn't show if an item is out-of-stock - you don't find out until you've ordered/waited/e-mailed )
On the plus side, they have good prices and a large selection.  I've never gotten a bad part from them.

bluebunny

I used them once.  I think they're called "Futurlec", because that's when you receive your order...   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

J0K3RX

I have used them in the past and found that they will hold up your entire order for 1 part that is out of stock. I only needed a couple parts from them but ended up ordering some other stuff I needed also just to get it all ordered from one place.. After a couple weeks I emailed them and they did reply and said that a part was out of stock. The part that was out of stock was not one of the parts that I really needed to get from them so I asked them to cancel that part and ship the rest. I got the stuff about a week later but, if I had not canceled that out of stock part it may have taken a month or more... 

Tip: If they have 1 or 2 parts that you can't find anywhere else then only order those 2 parts from them and nothing else... Get the rest of your parts from somewhere else that you know will deliver on time.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Mgt280y

I will re send the email as I say I ordered on the 12th and I'm in the uk so wasn't expecting super fast as long as I get the items it's fine would just be nice to get an update we will see

duck_arse

I've ordered from them once, good range, good prices, good parts, lousey long wait.
don't make me draw another line.

Keeb

I've ordered from them twice. Both times with long waits but the orders have arrived complete.

gbkd80

I placed an order with them a couple months ago, got one response after sending several that the part was backordered... still haven't received it, and now I don't even care as that was like 3 projects ago and I've since eaten the 10 bucks or whatever it was and ordered somewhere else. 

Perrow

Only had problems with one order from them (out of a few). They, without telling me, held back my order as one or two things where out of stock. Emailed with them and told them to send what they had and refund the missing parts, which they did. Delivery time slightly worse than Tayda, but managable. Been a few years since I ordered anything from them though.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

deadastronaut

Quote from: bluebunny on August 30, 2016, 03:13:27 AM
I think they're called "Futurlec", because that's when you receive your order...   ;)

so in 2052 i should get my order....great, i,ll make a start on my box etch... ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on September 01, 2016, 07:25:08 AM
so in 2052 i should get my order....great, i,ll make a start on my box etch... ;D

Start one of your long-running multi-page project threads, Rob.  Might be ready at the same time.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Mgt280y

Had an update !
Not in stock and can't source, "can I provide them with an alternative product"
No that's why I ordered that one, refund please
Availibility status on the products would be useful when you order, I'll be crossing them off the supplier list I think

rutabaga bob

Ordered on August 12, response on September 1...with bad news.   :o  That says it all...
Sorry for the bad experience.
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

acidblue

Try Tayda the prices are about the same, sometimes cheaper, but the shipping is faster.
http://www.taydaelectronics.com

I get my order in about a week when I chose the 2nd shipping option, which is only around $5.

Mgt280y

I normally do tbh, and a couple of uk companies if I need it quick, all I ordered was some tda7240 couldn't find them anywhere and they showed stock and cheep lol