how to print actual size ready to transfer

Started by maiko, September 04, 2016, 10:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maiko

Got me a lazer printer and was gonna start printing pcbs
but  i tried to use the ones from
http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2015/04/mid-fi-deluxe-pitch-pirate.html

and it seems the pcb comes out a tad smaller.   i found that if i cut the pcb and enlarge by +5% it will correct and be spot on

is there a trick to this.   i mean if i correct by adding +5% to the pcb it will slightly smudge the resolution

armdnrdy

Right on the first page of the link...there is this instruction:

Having trouble scaling a PCB transfer image? Check out the Transfer Image Library page for pre-scaled PDFs of every PCB transfer image on the site. All you have to do is download the file and print. The files are organized by brand. Those brands that do not have two or more layouts on the site are grouped together in the "Misc." folder.

If you are using one of the PDFs...in your printer settings click on....100% or no scaling.

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

greaser_au

PDF usually works very well for printing exactly to size, errors in size usually occur when the system scales the output to fit the output onto the selected paper size.  Make sure you have the "fit to page" box unchecked in the print dialog.

david

GiovannyS10

armdnrdy is right, only unmark options of scaling the print. If it not solve here is a trick: Use the print screen key to take a pic from this layout and paste the pic on paint. Select only the layout and past it on Microsoft Word, double click the image... You will see options on top menu with the layout measurements. Only change this options for the image have the exactly measures that the original project.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

stallik

There's one small snaffu that can occur. At least it does with my Canon.
There's a little checkbox called oversize. With it checked, everything prints the size you want. When it's left unchecked, Canon know better and shrinks everything a bit.
Counter intuitive and I wonder how many other vendors introduce this kind of nonsense
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

karbomusic

Quote from: stallik on September 05, 2016, 02:53:23 PM
everything prints the size you want. When it's left unchecked, Canon know better and shrinks everything a bit.
Counter intuitive and I wonder how many other vendors introduce this kind of nonsense

Probably to make sure your 4x6 print of the kids doesn't get cut off when not using a border-to-border printer which many/most aren't

maiko

Well PDF's seems the most accurate.  but it would be nice to print more on a sheet of paper than to waste so much space
how do i cut and past the pdf so i can tile them.