Strymon Multiswitch Schem for Timeline/BigSky/Mobius

Started by Gila_Crisis, September 10, 2016, 06:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gila_Crisis

Once I used to have a Eventide TimeFactor, for which I had build an external 3 switches controller, which works with the same principle as the Digitech F3X.
Now I've sold the TimeFactor and got a Strymon Timeline, a wonderful machine, which matches a lot better my needs and tastes for delays. But who want to pay 100$ for a fancy box with 3 switches?!????
So I tried to use the old 3 switches box I once built for the TF, but only 2 of 3 switches kind of worked.
I did a small search and found out that the Strymon Multiswtich works with resistors instead of diodes! Sw1 wires a 2k between R+T to ground, Sw2 a 500 ohm (I did had one so I used 2x 1K in parallel) and Sw3 a 1k.
So I took my old eventide switch and modified it. It works flawlessly!
Here's the schematic.

Take care and keep on delaying

edgemsound

Hy Gila Crisis,

Thanks for this info, I am actually considering building it. I am quite novice in electronics and wondering witch kind of footswitch I could use, 1PDT, 1PST, 2PDT, 3PDT?

Best regards, Edouard.

digs70

Hello,i 'd need some help,  i'm tried to build it but the multiswitch doesn't work! i'm from Italy so i didn't find 499/500 and 2000 resistor, so i used 470 and 2200 and the right  of 1000. I m connected like in the schematic but nothing happend on the Timeline when i use the Looper function.
Not even  the switch with the   resistor (1000) works that should be right. I checked the ohm during the pressing of each switch with a multitester and the values are right  so i think all the connections are ok. is it possible depend only because the resistor are not exaclty the same value?
in the picture it' s possible to see the connections, i hope:  i connected, the yellow cable to the Sleeve (Jack)  and connected on a pole of the three switch, then the others 3 pole of every switch goes respectively on the 3 resistors and then goes all join together on tip and ring of the jack out. did i make some mistakes?
thank you