Tube Cricket -- Project

Started by maiko, September 18, 2016, 09:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maiko

Ive built my tube cricket over the week end and it was awesome.      Ive read that youve got to have a jrc386d but i managed to use an lm386n and an lm386n-3 to great effect.

Ive used the following schematic

Looking at the schematic.  its suppose to be a vol gain and tone controls.   But i feel that the vol control is acting like gain for the tube.  and the gain is for the 386.    I dont really feel it have a vol control.

Thats why im asking is it advisable to add a 100k pot at the speaker output to really make a master volume

maiko

well  i really like to overdrive this produces im kinda thinking if i skipped the lm386 and just use it like a pedal.

:icon_wink: :icon_wink:

M.A.P

If you remove the LM386 you get something like the valve caster https://damacleod.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/matsuminvalvecasterschematic.gif
Some values differ and the tube cricket got its tone control between the two stages and trimmers for the bias. You could create your own circuit out of the valve caster and tube cricket schematic to fit the best for you.

You could also just put a 100k pot behind the LM386 for volume control but that's not as much fun as creating an own circuit :icon_biggrin:

Greetings from Germany
Marcus

maiko

Ive tried the valve caster and could not get it to break as easy at this. 

Will try the 100k after the 386 for my amp.     will build another just for the tube od