Ibanez SD9 FlipFlop works, not responding to button. HELP!

Started by Carlos Best, September 21, 2016, 11:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos Best

Guys
I Just finished a SD9 clone, with electronic bypass.
I used the same layout the original uses.

Everything is working ok, except the button doesn't change the status of the flip flop

Flip flop works cause I can change its state by touching the base of the transistors with a metalic element, alternating between the two to change state.

Button works,
I changed all the 1nf ceramics in the flip flop, also the 47nf, and the 3 2sc1815
Only sub I made is use 56pf instead o 51pf. I tried to replace the 56pf with 47pf but that doesnt work either

This is the schematic
http://dirk-hendrik.com/ibanez_sonic_distortion.pdf

Regards

Carlos Best

Managed to respond changing the 56pf to 560pf in the colector of the transistors.
But now switch is very bouncy. Work most of the times.

Any suggestions?

PRR

> changing the 56pf to 560pf in the colector of the transistors

I don't see a 56 (or 51) pFd near the collectors?

• SUPPORTER

PRR

Where the three 1nFd caps meet the 1Meg resistor, you should have about 2 Volts (maybe some less due to meter loading).

When you press the switch this should drop to "Zero" volts. (Much less than a milliVolt.)

The "22E" resistor is 22 OHMS, not K or Meg. (I am not used to this "E" unit, but it has to be a very low value. If in doubt, short the "22E" part: this will work but will slow-damage the switch contacts.) The low value discharges the 1nFd cap FAST, which is needed to force the flop the other way.
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Paul - I believe the box connected collector to opposite base is 'shorthand' for a resistor-and-cap-in-parallel unit.
don't make me draw another line.

Carlos Best

Sorry Guys
I used this schem for the square box in the flipflop

I manged to make it work using the boss values. 56k from v+ to the colector of the transistors, at the colectors 47k/100pf,  the discharge caps are 220pf, with a 100R for the switch to ground.

Unfortunately the switch Im using is very bouncy. Is one of the clickless momentary sw made in China.
Theres any electronic solution to this?
Maybe I'll have to change it for a better one

This is the switch

This is the PCB

Thanks for helping

duck_arse

nice wood. (what type is it?)

unfortunately for you, the flip-flop is meant to debounce the switch as well. maybe your 220pF's will need to be upped.
don't make me draw another line.

Carlos Best

Mmm I'm going to try both solutions.
A better switch and uping the caps.
Fortunately the friend I made the pedal for uses a digital switcher.

The wood is Zoita, a latin american species.
It is tinted with bitumen of judea or Syrian Asphalt, then lacquered with automotive polyurethane
R