Schottky SMD replacement?

Started by lars-musik, September 25, 2016, 04:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars-musik

Hi,
could somebody point towards SMD diodes as 1N5817 replacements? 1206 if possible. I made a layout for a voltage doubler and just assumed I'd find a suitable replacement. Somehow my google skills let me down. Now I got these lovely boards and the diodes are missing.
Any ideas?

This is the schematic:

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

lars-musik

Thanks, Larry. The usual suspects here in Germany do not stock those. I can't even find them on eBay. Just Mouser and they charge terrible shipping fees....

Any other ideas?

armdnrdy

Look up the 1N5817 data sheet. Go to Mouser site and narrow your search...look up Schottky Diodes. Click on SMD...choose your package 1206. Check for similar ratings to the 5817. This will give you a reference of what to look for elsewhere.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

lars-musik

Thanks again Larry. I hope I am going to be happy with 200 of these:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/121363673901

Seem a good (even better with a forward voltage of .37 at 20 mA) match for the 1N5817.

Delivery from China, unfortunately. So my voltage doublers need to be patient for some 4 weeks.

domdec314

A quick google search showed suggestions for SM5817, SS12, SS14, BAT54, MBRA120ET3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lars-musik

Thanks for looking, domdec,

as said: my google-fu left me. SS12 and SS14 might work (the others are either not listed in my favourite suppliers shop or have the wrong package). I've ordered now anyway.